Citra is one of the best and stable emulators for playing Nintendo 3DS games and other gaming consoles on PC (Windows, Linux, and Mac) and SmartPhones. It makes you perfectly play your all-time favorite childhood DS Roms. The decrypted DS/3DS Roms can easily be played on Windows and Android. Almost all the rooms are checked with Citra and a compatibility status is updated as Perfect, Great, and OK to play on Citra Emulator.
The gaming world has evolved a lot from the very beginning. Gaming lovers and enthusiasts enjoy all day playing their favorite games. In the past 3DS Games like All Pokemon games, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metroid: Samus Returns, Shovel Knight, Mario Golf: World Tour, etc are everyone’s favorite. Now they can be played on PC and Smartphone using Citra.
Guide for Citra
Citra enables you to play 3DS ROMs on big screens. The best advantage of playing Dsi games on Citra is that you need not upgrade your PC. As it requires the least specifications.
Minimum requirements of the system hardware software must be met for Citra to work properly and be able to play 3DS ROMs on a PC.
• CPU: Core i3 Series and up
• RAM: 4 GB
• HDD: 80 GB (Must have 10 GB free space in the partition where your want to install)
• Windows: 7, 8, 10 (64 bit)
• Game: 3DS ROM image decrypted
• Emulator: Citra
• Extraction: 7 zip
Download Citra from the above links or download it from Citra-emu.org. Then follow the steps below for complete and proper installation.
Double click on the setup file of Citra to start the installation. Click next to initiate the process.
Specify the location where you want to put the installation. I would prefer the default settings in C:
The next step is to check the Citra Nightly option.
Citra is an open-source emulator licensed under GPLv.2.
All options above are correctly done. Now click install for proper installation of Citra.
Installation starts, wait until it finishes.
Finally, It is done.
Playing 3DS ROMs on Citra
• Now, once you have installed Citra correctly the next thing is to run a 3DS ROM image on it. The steps are so simple, just follow them.
• Step 1: Firstly, you need to download a decrypted 3DS ROM that has been checked and given the green signal. .3DS and.CIA both files can be played on Citra.
• Step2: Open Citra from your apps, by double-clicking on it.
• Step 3: Click on File, and load the file that you have downloaded.
• Step 4: Select the file location on your system and load the file. As I have already downloaded Duck Dynasty. I will select it from the downloads.
• Step 5: Yahoooo…! Done, your game is started, enjoy playing.